ddclient is definitely not updating my dynamic IP address

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Jul 6 01:56:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 18:30 -0700, Barry Yu wrote:
> After 5 days with the ddclient installed and configured, today I noticed
> that my internet IP address has changed, but the ddclient is not
> updating this change into my account in dyndns.org.
> The rpm package I downloaded is from dyndns.org.
> I also tried yum install ddclient from freshrpms.
> But both packages installation results are the same: Getting this
> message from the mail from ddclient to root : " Caught SIGTERM ;  exiting ".
> My fc2 is behide a Linksys router BEFW11s4 ver.2 - Never updated bios.
> May be I really don't know how to configured the /etc/ddclient.conf
> correctly, below is the content of it and see if any one can help ;

> #fw-login=admin,             fw-password=XXXXXX        # FW login and
> password

You need to uncomment the above line and put in your password.

> #
> ## To obtain an IP address from FW status page (using fw-login, fw-password)
> #use=fw, fw=192.168.1.254/status.htm, fw-skip='IP Address' # found after
> IP Address

You need to also uncomment the above line and change the fw= line to the
ip/address to the status page on your linksys router.  As in mine is
something like this...

## To obtain an IP address from FW status page (using fw-login, fw-
password)
use=fw, fw=192.168.1.1/RouterStatus.htm, fw-skip='IP Address' # found
after IP Address

You also may need to disable ecn in the kernel by adding the following
line to your /etc/sysctl.conf file..

net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0

May or may not need to reboot after adding that line (think there is a
command you can run to take affect without rebooting).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"