map just the WinKey to a keyboard shortcut?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Jul 6 10:03:03 UTC 2004

Around about 04/07/2004 10:02, Matt Hansen typed ...
> Using the Keyboard Shortcuts program gnome-keybinding-properties, I'd
> like to assign the WinKey (Super_R) to open the panel instead of the
> currently set Alt-F1. But it seems it can only be used as a modifier key
> (eg WinKey-L). Is there any way to assign just the Winkey to an action?

   You'd need to change the key to be a 'proper' key (find some odd one
you're not using on your current keyboard), not just a modifier (e.g.,
use xkeycaps & fiddle your login accordingly).

   Modifiers by themselves can't 'do' things.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature