install mbr without running install-grub ?

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 6 14:32:03 UTC 2004

On Jul 6, 2004 at 09:54, John Minson in a soothing rage wrote:

>My system has 2 drives. hd0 has win98, hd1 FC2. Currently I boot off of
>hd0 (mbr installed by FC2 installl process)  .
>Is there a way to install the mbr onto hd1 without running install-grub ?
Sure, use grub-install instead (-:. But seriously, if you do
not like grub, you will have to use another boot loader. lilo
and boot magic come to mind. If you do like grub, I suggest
installing it on hd1.

N.Emile...
It's not enough to be Hungarian; you must have talent too.
		-- Alexander Korda
 10:28:13  up 8 days,  3:43,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00