resolving my nighmare

Andrey Subbotin e-ploko at dominanta.ru
Wed Jul 7 01:47:11 UTC 2004

В Срд, 07.07.2004, в 09:01, Jonathan Ng пишет:

> fdisk /mbr
>
> which is the last resort as I'm not familiar with
> fdisk at all. Will it damage my other partitions? I've
> still got some valuable data on the other partitions.

No, it won't damage any of your partitions. The command simply rewrites
your master boot record with the correct data. All the partitions are
left intact, this way. And, IMHO, you shouldn't even be familiar with
fdisk to run this... as the command is not interactive.

--
Andrey Subbotin

ICQ UIN: 114087545
Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/e_ploko/