fedora on dell precision 450 with nvidia quadro fx 1000 = no graphics

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Wed Jul 7 02:33:59 UTC 2004

Steven R. Ringwald wrote:
>>>Finally I have tried downloaded the latest "dkms" and "nvidia-dkms" from
>>>the dell site and the results are the same...there are no errors in
>>>/var/log/XFree86.0.log, all seems well, but no video signal to the
>>>display when I startx.
>>>

> Another thing you might try is entering in "linux nofb" when it asks you what to
> load in the Fedora syslinux screen...

Thanks, but...same thing--no graphical install.

The odd thing is...this box has the RedHat ES/AS/WS software install as
an option. I've even seen posts about X application issues in the "Dell
Community" site for this box. It's all supposed to just work. I know the
graphical hardware works to some extent because I saw it running XP with
another hard drive.

The bios is dated 2002 and I see on the web site it has had numerous
updates so maybe something in there will fix it. Will try flashing the
bios tomorrow.

Plus I'll try the other suggestion about the "Option "DFP"" in the
Device section of the XFree86 Config file.

---
John