Xine on FC1

jonathan jefferies jonathanjefferies at alamedanet.net
Wed Jul 7 03:06:03 UTC 2004

Mike wrote:

>I think I am over looking something obvious here, but has anyone else
>had trouble installing Xine on FC1? I downloaded the package from
>sourceforge.net. Then configured, compiled and installed it. I made the
>change to /etc/ld.so.conf by adding the line usr/local/lib, but when I
>try to configure gxine or xineui, it tells me that I need to install
>Xine first.
>
>Any ideas to get me pointed in the right direction?
>

>Thanks
>
>-Mike

Likewise I installed the sources and built. It was necessary to build
and install xinelib first,
xine-lib-1-rc3a, put the path in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig
and then ./configure the gui, xine-ui-0.9.23. followed by make install.
QUESTION, looking at your message above you left "/" off the path
for "/usr/local/lib" is it possible that this is in "/etc/ld.so.conf" as
well?
That would be an issue.
Whatever, it's definitely some small gotcha in your building that's the
problem. Xine works fine for me - on both vanilla FC2 and the latest
linux-2.6.7-1 kernel.

J.