Cut and Paste

William Penton wmp1784 at exchange.uta.edu
Wed Jul 7 04:23:02 UTC 2004

jonathan jefferies wrote:
> I have a dual boot of RedHat 9.0 and Fedora Core 2
> with a track wheel as the center button.
> With RH9.0 I can select text for copying simply by
> holding down with the left most mouse button and then
> paste using the center button. With Fedora I am not
> able to use the same technique but find that in all
> windows I have to select with the left most button,
> then depress the right mouse button and select "copy".
> And in order to paste I have to locate the window and
> line, click the left most mouse button again
> and then press the right most mouse button and
> select "Paste" from the drop down menu. True this does
> appear to work both in plain windows and apps like
> Mozilla but I would prefer to also have the option
> of using the center mouse button to paste without
> having to do the drop down menu selection. Also I've
> noticed that if I leave my "X" environment I do not
> have cut and paste capabilities in the F1-F6 login
> windows.
>
> Any suggestions as to where this is controlled from?
> And if "gpm" is the answer where should it be started
> from, i.e. how to invoke the server?
>
> Thanks
> J.

I'm working with both OSs but on seperate computers and both have the highlight then
center-click to paste feature working very well.

Maybe there is a config file out of wack because of the dual booting?  I really don't know
where to look to see if this is the case but I hope that someone out there can help you.

William Penton
--
One OS to fool them all
One browser to find them