FC2 Can't save system-config-display changes

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Wed Jul 7 10:47:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 14:59 -0700, John Cox wrote:
> When I change from the default VESA driver to ATI Radeon Mobility U1,
> I can't seem to save this change. Next time I log on the VESA driver is
> there again. How do I save this configuration change?
> Thanks.
Have you run yum update, to make sure your system is up to date? There
were problems with some code and I am not 100% sure if it was fixed
before FC2 final.

You may want to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the driver by hand
from vesa to I believe radeon.

May I also suggest having a look at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora+Core&component=redhat-config-xfree86&component=system-config-display&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=CLOSED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&Search=Search

This includes some closed bugs, but you may find some thing of help.

If you can't see any thing there it would be helpful to submit a bug
with as much info as possible, and then monitor it for changes, as you
will probably need to help the developer to resolve the trouble's.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator