make dep fails - unresolved symbols

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 7 12:57:46 UTC 2004

On Jul 6, 2004 at 21:48, Kevin F. Berrien in a soothing rage wrote:

>Having trouble compiling the newest kernel with the config I used on an
>older kernel (2 back).
>
>make mrproper
>copy my .config
>make oldconfig
>make bzImage
>make dep
>
>unresolved symbols in binfmt_elf.0
>
>Any thoughts?  For some reason I've had terrible luck in compiling the
>2.4 kernels for Fedora 1.  Had trouble with my last compile, but made it
>through with the make oldconfig suggestion.  No luck this time.
I deduce you are using the 2.4 series kernel. I would do:
make mrproper x2
copy .config
make oldconfig
make menuconfig
make dep clean bzImage modules

N.Emile...
O Lord, grant that we may always be right, for Thou knowest we will
never change our minds.
 08:55:34  up 9 days,  2:10,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00