yum probably down

Botond Kardos Botond.Kardos at essnet.se
Wed Jul 7 13:19:20 UTC 2004

    It seems to me that you have a proxy problem. Please ignore the rest
if you don't attempt to run up2date from behind a proxy.

    So if you're behind a proxy do this:

    $ su -
    $ export http_proxy=http://IP:PORT (insert the proxy's IP and PORT
here)
    $ up2date

    The "su -' is very important. I don't know the exact reason for this
(you may search this list for more technical answers), but it works for
me.
    Cheers,
    Botond