Keeping the Thread with Digest

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Jul 7 17:16:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Mi, den 07.07.2004 schrieb John Cox um 14:22:
>
> > I receive the list as a digest. Is there an easy way to respond to a
> > specific message and keep the thread true?  I've been doing a lot of
> > cut and paste but there must be an easier way.
>
> Unfortunately no, because threading works by using specific header tags
> and those tags can't be used / called when following the list through
> the digest mails.

If you get the digest in MIME format and you have a MIME-capable mail
client, then you can reply to individual messages.  (I am doing just that
with Pine now.)  I believe that the headers are preserved.  At any rate,
when I see my posts in the archives, they appear to be properly threaded.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu