Can I use apt-get to upgrade my Fedora Core 1 to FC2?

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 7 18:05:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Samsara Zeal wrote:

> I am wondering if I can upgrade my current FC1 to the new FC2 by using
> apt-get directly?
> Is there any successful examples?
> Any suggestions? Any risks?

Not sure about apt - but there are some instructions for yum at:
http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt

General recomendation for FC2 is a fresh install (if possible /execpt
for dual boot issue).

I would first check for package conflicts with upgrade - before doing
the actual upgrade. This can be done with 'yum upgrade' (with the
correct yum.conf for FC2) - and looking for successfull depencency
check and a prompt from yum to upgrade (at which point you can say
"No")

Satish