Configuring Rhythmbox for mp3s...

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 21:00:40 UTC 2004

I was reading through a previous post ("linux audio players") on the
subject of audio players, and I saw that Fedora C2 comes with rhythmbox
and xmms. I have installed mplayer already and have been using that to
play everything, but I like the playlist and library options of
rhythmbox and would like to use that instead for music. I ran it, but
could not import my music because the mp3 plugin was not installed. I
downloaded the MAD libid3tag-0.15.1b, compiled and installed it, but
Rhythmbox still tells me theres no mp3 plugin. What else do I have to do?