system-config-network broken?

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 23:54:01 UTC 2004

Hi Marc,

On Thursday 08 Jul 2004 00:39, Marc Williams wrote:
> I wanted to change my DNS settings and so fired up the network GUI,
> system-network-config, made my changes there and then saved.  But my CPU
> meter spiked and wouldn't come down.  I waited for over 3 minutes and it
> still stayed at 100%.  It never did save my settings before I killed
> things manually.  I tried this twice with the same results both times.

I had a similar problem here, well actually system-config-network would
never load and just threw a bundle of errors at me, I found nothing in the
archives so I grabbed the latest versions from Rawhide:

system-config-network-tui-1.3.17-2
system-config-network-1.3.17-2

Maybe this might help you, it fixed it for me..

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.7
KDE-Redhat-3.2.3