nVidia vs FC2 Revisited

Greg Swallow gswallow at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 8 11:34:59 UTC 2004

Still have the latest kernel (2.6.6-1.435-2.3) and latest nVidia driver
(6106) loaded. Still have the square of video garbage pointer; some menu
item do no come up until move pointer over them as well. May've not
mentioned this before.

New information that the motherboards (2) are GemLight/DTK
P6IDK/PRM00771,

http://www.life-adventure.com/computers/product/gemlidk.htm,

with that last DTK BIOS loaded to support larger hard drives and faster
CPU speeds. Am using 2x iPII 266MHz each, 256mb RAM, Apollo Bloody
Monster 3 nVidia FX 5200 128mb video, SB Live! v5.1, and NIC(s).
ya-da-ya-da-ya-da.

This information is also at the nVidia list for FC/Linux so don't pawn
me off to them. The only warning/error I have is the bit about rivafb.
All I want to try is to rebuild my kernel without the rivafb and/or with
the vesafb. Not really using fb on these machines.

Does anyone have a good "How To" step-by-step to get this accomplished?