automatic update

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 8 14:45:32 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz said:
[snip]
>>> I just ran the command that you suggested and got:
>>>

>>> xorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-libs-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-libs-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.7.0-2
>>> xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.7.0-2
>>
>> I haven't been following this thread, but from this email, it looks
>> like there are *two* packages of same version for the ones above?  You
>> may need to remove one of each of the ones above to help solve it?
>
> Right, wonders me too that some packages appear twice. That is not
> correct.

I would guess that (for example) a

rpm -q --queryformat '%{NAME} %{VERSION} %{ARCH}\n' xorg-x11-libs

Would show they have a different arch, so it may be valid (64-bit machines may need the 32-bit libraries for compatiblity).

> Maybe someone with much more insight into the current x64
> situation should comment that.

Agreed, because I don't know if the above applies to all of xorg.

Having more output from the depsolver (I assume yum) might also help.  Have you checked your mirror to make sure it has all of the new xorg RPMs?

--
William Hooper