FC2 Issues

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Thu Jul 8 17:41:40 UTC 2004

Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

>>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:54:11 +0000
>>"Christensen Tom" <paveraware at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I would just like to publicly voice my complete and utter disatisfaction
>>>with you people.  Redhat has been my linux of choice for 6 years, and I
>>>appreciated FC1, but since I can't install FC2 because of 2 very huge bugs

	[...]

> There are probably two reasons why he's so upset:
>
> 1) Intellectual: Redhat radically changed the focus of the product when
> they changed it from RHL to FC.  For a large portion of us, RHL met our
> needs.  For another large portion of us, FC does not.  So, we had a
> product that we loved and could rely upon, and now (as you stated), FC
> does not.

Can you not continue to use RHL?  If you're concerned about updates,
etc. there's the Fedora Legacy project (http://www.fedoralegacy.org/)
which continues to provide updates to RHL all the way back to 7.x

> Plus, some of us staked our professional reputations on RHL
> and the migration path from RHL to RH.  That path no longer exists,
> because there is no way in hell that I (for one) will ever install FC2 on
> a client's production server.  Used to be I could install RHL and show
> them how things could be better than Windows, then get them to purchase
> RHN or RHEL.  No longer.

Can they not use RHEL without having to go via FC2?  RHL to FC1 is
relatively painless, if you feel they absolutely must try a Fedora
distribution before going on to RHEL.

--

-John (john at os2.dhs.org)