HOWTOs?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jul 8 22:24:16 UTC 2004

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> We are doing what we can at tldp.org to
> review these documents and contact these authors to
> get the document updated or pushed out into the
> unmaintained tree.

Some of the HOWTOs are absurdly out-of-date,
while others are extremely good.

Wouldn't it be possible to introduce a rule
that if a HOWTO has not been modified for say a year
(and the modification need only consist of a change in the date)
then it is removed from the archive,
or as you say put in an "obsolete" directory?

I'd suggest too that every HOWTO should have a date in the heading,
and an email address for the author.
Most do have this, but some don't.

--
Timothy Murphy