Does gdb work in Fedora?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Jul 8 22:15:58 UTC 2004

Michael Ubell wrote:
> (Sorry for the repost, I got it threaded into a different topic on my
> first send.)
>
> Gdb has major problems in Redhat Linux.  In RH9 it is almost useless
> for threaded programs.  (It actually worked better in RH7.something.)
> Today it refused to give me a stack trace for a single threaded process
> waiting on a pthread mutex.
>
> So... does gdb work well in the Fedora release?  In particular does
> it work with threaded programs (it does work on every other operating
> system I use)?  If so, I will install.

I've been using Insight (http://sources.redhat.com/insight/), which is
a TCL/Tk front end to gdb and makes up the debugger part of the Source
Navigator package.

It works pretty well on FC1, although I haven't really wrung it out.
I've not tried it at all on FC2 yet (just haven't had the time to build
it).

Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.  Batteries not included.
You get the idea.
-              Never eat anything larger than your head              -