Easy Install and Boot from USB Hard Drive?

Erik Espinoza erik.espinoza at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 23:21:18 UTC 2004

Use Knoppix, write to the usb drive for storage. It's safer that way.

Else take a look at damnsmalllinux or puppy linux, both of which are
easily made to boot off of a usb key. I had no issues using Puppy
Linux as a day to day recovery tool. Neither work really well as a
full blown distro. I've had good experiences with Knoppix, however
YMMV.

Personally I think it'd be easier to get those Nazi's to let you
install RHEL, since they have to pay for it and have a company behind
it and all those other bs reasons corporations do what they do.