Me again... :-)

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 8 23:39:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 06:07:57PM +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Thomas Sapp wrote:
> > I would use SSH except I am not allow to install software on my work
> > computer that is not approved by my company, freeware or not.
>
> Jason Costomiris wrote:
> > So use putty, but don't get the installer.
> >
> > Unzipping and running != installing.
>
> Do you think that Thomas' network administrators would agree with that?
Good point.

Simply ask them to install the client for Putty.
BTW: The client side is very inexpensive.

Putty is a product, and it is well respected in the industry.  Many
system administrators will install putty when they will not install
ssh.  System admin types should have the ability to usePutty if they
do any remote administration.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l