Traffic shaping... don't understand the instructions!

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 9 00:15:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 15:59, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 13:50, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > At 02:23 PM 7/8/2004, Jack Bowling wrote:
> > >Have you checked out Wondershaper and its descendants, Rodolfo?
> >
> > I do have it, and I am working on it. Can't say much more than that yet. <grin>
>
> Hey Rodolfo,
> 	as a quick check, once you've implemented it (i believe you can just
> execute those tc command and not worry about having them automatically
> stored etc..)
>
> Go to this site..
> http://nyc.speakeasy.net/
>
> There's a java app that can actually test your Up/Dn Speed on that
> particular interface. My guess is you can just stick a laptop into
> eth1-4 and then go to the site and just check if it works.

Hey Rodolfo,

	I'm gonna have to say sorry here. I fsck'ed the tc rules. I just
checked on my system and it's not going through. I'm still checking on a
way to fo it.

I'm halfway there actually. the problem here is because you're using 4
diff interfaces, I'm not sure how to get the rules to work.

Currently what I've achieved is to severly limit the Download bandwidth
on eth1 (eth0=ISP) but I can't seem to make it symmetrical. Upload
bandwidth is still somehow not being shaped.

eg:

ISP

eth0  (2mbit dn/up)

eth1 (128kbit Dn/2mbit up)

Funny.. I'm still trying to figure it out..

Sorry. but hang one to your seats.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel
2.6.7-2.jul1-interactive
Neuromancer 17:11:15 up 8:38, 7 users, load average: 1.25, 0.95, 0.77