SOLVED but now a new problem (was Re: Samba domain master browser bound to wrong interface)

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Fri Jul 9 00:53:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 03:31, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 04.07.2004 schrieb Matt Hansen um 3:34:
>
> Hi Matt!
<snip Alexander reply>

Hi Alexander.

As an update, I've managed to eliminate the log problems described
above. I disabled WINS support and domain master support for four days
to this morning and after re-enabling them, the nmbd server is now
correctly binding to the internal eth1 interface.

This has now led to a new problem somehow.. Clicking the Network Servers
item in the GNOME menu of a FC1 client now produces this error message:

   "Couldn't display "smb:///", because no host "(null)" could be
found. Check that the spelling is correct and that your proxy settings
are correct."

I can connect to the Samba server fine on the command line from the FC1
client, and from a Windows 98 client. The GUI browsing also works fine
from the (FC2) Samba server. If I manually type in "smb:///amazon" into
nautilus from the FC1 client I can connect however. I was able to browse
via Network Servers on the FC1 client (i.e. 'nautilus smb:') fine before
dis/re-enabling WINS and domain master support.

There are no solutions in google or Bugzilla for this error. Should I
Bugzilla it?

Regards,
Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.