kernel-doc in yum (formerly FC2 - slow boot)

Phil Dybvig fedora at ducksoup.afree.net
Fri Jul 9 06:35:35 UTC 2004

gene --

>  Anyway, thanks for comments - now if I could just figure out
>  why yum update wont update the kernel-doc from 2.6.5 to 2.6.6 ...

'rpm -e kernel-doc' followed by 'yum install kernel-doc-2.6.6-1.435.2.3.noarch'
should do the trick.  i think the problem is that the distro version is .x86_64.
or .i386. while the updates version is .noarch.  there was also a similar
problem with kernel-source because the name changed later to kernel-sourcecode.

-- phil