tar for backup

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Fri Jul 9 13:35:05 UTC 2004

Do you want just one file with just the changed files added?  Or do you
want a new file to be saved?  I've used Linux for years but I'm still a
newbie, I wrote a script to save 3 very important files and send them to
my ISP disk space, if we had a fire the backup tape would be useless.  I
used the system date when I name the backup file so I have a separate
copy of the files, they are encrypted also, then sent by ftp.  I spent
hours and hours on a simple script because I didn't know how to get it
to do the things I needed and had to look everything up.  If you want a
copy of the script send an email to my office: sales at tmpco.com and I
will forward it to you.

In fact I just got an email from my ISP: Hello Your disk usage on the
server is over its limit.  So now it's time to clean out my old files.

Tim...