Driver for D-link wireless network adapters

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 13:51:55 UTC 2004

What model D-Link card to you have?  I have a DWL-G650 and was able to
find information on the internet about getting a driver.

D-Link tech support e-mailed me this link to find out what chipset is in
my card.

Please visit http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=357 for Linux
drivers.

Once you know the driver, you can start getting driver information.

If it turns out that you have an TI chipset, this is a really good
step-bt-step tutorial (I like it because I am a newbie)
http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php

If it turns out that it is a card with the Atheros chipset (MADwifi)
like mine is here are two links:
http://www.linuxtested.com/notes/CFG_NOTE_MADWIFI_RH9.html  (more of
step-bystep)

http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm  (a fairly helpful
FAQ)

If you have an atheros based card, feel free to e-mail me if you want
more info on what I did to get mine working.

Ryan