nautilus-cd-burner temporary directory location?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Jul 9 14:33:39 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 06:40, Matt Hansen wrote:
> Is there any way to change nautilus-cd-burner's default temp directory
> location? It's set to /tmp by default, no? I get the following message
> whenever I try to copy files to burn:/// greater than the space left on
> my /tmp partition. However, I can burn ISOs fine which are much larger
> than my /tmp directory which is baffling..
>
> "Not enough space to store CD image"
>
> Any info appreciated, thanks.
>
> Matt

Nautilus reads an existing iso and writes it to the CD.  No temp space
is needed.

However, when burning files to CD using burn:/// it creates the
filesystem image first and that is stored in /tmp.  Thus you need
adequate free space in /tmp to hold the amount required for the CD being
created.  I usually have at least a gb in /tmp so space is not an issue
for me.