REPOST: Setting console

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 9 14:42:59 UTC 2004

On Jul 8, 2004 at 19:30, Ashley M. Kirchner in a soothing rage wrote:

>When I set a vga= mode in my grub.conf file, the system boots up with it
>and I can tell it what mode I want, however when it runs rc.sysinit, it
>gets overridden again.  Other than removing the setsysfont line from
>rc.sysinit, is there a proper way I should be doing this? I'd like to
>run the console at 80x43 or 80x50, as opposed to the default 80x25...
I may have replied to this in the past. This used to happen
to me when I was using RH8 or so. Currently on FC2 I do not
have to resort to hacking rc.sysinit.

[10:40:33][work]$ rpm -qf /etc/rc.sysinit
initscripts-7.53-1

HTH
N.Emile...
Now I am depressed ...
 10:40:53  up 11 days,  3:55,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00