kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 problems with mouse

SoftCell jake.pronk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:44:39 UTC 2004

I upgraded to the latest kernel yesterday, so naturally i logged on
today and rebooted my computer now it gives me the error saying it
cannot start the x server since the mouse is not configured right. i
have fc 2 installed on a laptop with a touchpad but it gives me no
such choice. the previous kernel(s) never gave me any problems like
this.

now it won't let me boot into any kernel without giving me that
problem. what went wrong? and most important how do i fix it? i am
still kinda new to linux.

thanks

--
- Jake