Fedora Core 2 Update: ppp-2.4.2-3.FC2.1

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 10 02:42:02 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:06:57 +0200, Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>Subject: Fedora Core 2 Update: ppp-2.4.2-3.FC2.1
>

> FYI
>
> yum update
>
> is giving me a conflict between pppd and initscripts when trying to
> install the ppp update
>
> -jef

I have th exact same conflict with ppp and initscripts bumping heads.
also a problem with xine-lib not installing.
initscripts-7.53-1 - installed
ppp-2.4.2-2 - installed

Being this was an update on a regular repo, it alarmed me. Running
clamav (nothing found) and checkrootkit (11 hidden ps processes,
possible LKM trojan) didn't add to the comfort level.

Checking `lkm'... You have    11 process hidden for readdir command
You have    11 process hidden for ps command
Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed
chkrootkit-0.43-2.1.fc2.dag was just installed and run.

Jim

--
Your best consolation is the hope that the things you failed to get weren't
really worth having.