nautilus-cd-burner temporary directory location?

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Sat Jul 10 02:41:35 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 00:33, Jeff Vian wrote:

> Nautilus reads an existing iso and writes it to the CD.  No temp space
> is needed.
>
> However, when burning files to CD using burn:/// it creates the
> filesystem image first and that is stored in /tmp.  Thus you need
> adequate free space in /tmp to hold the amount required for the CD being
> created.  I usually have at least a gb in /tmp so space is not an issue
> for me.

Ok, I realized after I sent my least mail that ISO burning doesn't need
to be copied before burning. As for burning general files, does anyone
no why there's no configuration for changing this temp location? Sounds
like an RFE to me. If it's hard-coded into the source, where would one
look to change it? I had a quick peruse through the source but not being
a great programmer, I didn't get too far.

Thanks, Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.