Ethereal, how to start

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Jul 10 05:01:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 01:38, Jim Gaynor wrote:
> forgive me if I may sound somewhat dumb, but I would like to run Ethereal on my Linux (FC2) box.  I know it is out there some where........ yum install says it is already installed, I just don't happen to know where it is at.  I am familiar witht he windoze version but have never run a unix/linux version before.
> IA
>
> Jim.

As root , just type ethereal to get it running. You'll need to run it as
root for two reasons:
1 - it's located on /usr/sbin , which is a directory that non-privileged
users don't have in their path (probably that's why you didn't find it
before)
2 - it needs root privileges to do its job...

--
Pedro Macedo