FC1 upgrade from rh8, but running 2.6.7 kernels

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 10 07:03:06 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Yeah, rpm can be fragile :(
> Here is what I've done just now:
>
> removed, and re-installed that version of yum, no change
>
> The python stuff seems to be mostly ok from this:
> [root at coyote dlds-rpms]# rpm -qa|grep python
> python-devel-2.2.3-7
> python-tools-2.2.3-7
> rpm404-python-4.0.4-8x.27
> gnome-python2-applet-2.0.0-2
> libxml2-python-2.6.6-3
> mod_python-3.0.4-0.1
> gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.0-2
> python-docs-2.2.3-7
> postgresql-python-7.3.4-11
> gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.0-2
> gnome-python2-bonobo-2.0.0-2
> python-xmlrpc-1.5.1-7.x.3
> python-popt-0.8.8-7.x.2
> rpm-python-4.2.1-0.30
> gnome-python2-2.0.0-2
> MySQL-python-0.9.1-9
> python-2.2.3-7
> python-optik-1.4.1-1
> python-clap-1.0.0-3

The following packages shouldn't exist for FC1
rpm404-python-4.0.4-8x.27
python-xmlrpc-1.5.1-7.x.3

You could try deleting them - and see if yum starts working. Or
perhaps install/use 'apt upgrade' and see if it can fix up things
(including yum)

If yum were to work - I would do 'yum list extras' to look for
packages that don't belong to any known repository - and perhaps weed
them out.

Satish