httpd : Forbidden

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Sat Jul 10 07:08:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

After a crashed disk, I manage to reinstall a new FC2, on a new drive,
and copied back my $HOME.

My main problem is accessing my local server website http.

I have a http server running, with no problem, with the original
configuration.

I copied my old httpd.conf , my old /etc/hosts, and my old php.ini.
I even stop the firewall ;-)

I still cannot access my local websites, and still have this error :
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/index.php on this
server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at P4.AAA

More information : I did not change nothing to the configuration of the
computer : same host name / same $HOME , same user , same user id /
group id , same domain-name. Same rights on /etc/hosts , /etc/httpd ...
files.

Even after rebooting and restarting (succesfully) httpd, the error is
still here. I really don't know where to look now.

Here is the diff between original httpd.conf et mine (to make is
shorter):

[me at P4 conf]$ diff -b httpd.conf.orig httpd.conf
141c141
< Listen 80
---
> Listen 192.168.0.1:80
257c257
< #ServerName new.host.name:80
---
> ServerName P4.AAA
266c266
< UseCanonicalName Off
---
> UseCanonicalName On
273c273
< DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
---
> DocumentRoot "/home/me/website/"
298c298
< <Directory "/var/www/html">
---
> <Directory "/home/me/website/">
347c347
<     UserDir disable
---
> UserDir disable
819a820,821
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .php4 .phtml
> Addtype application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

Here is  my /etc/hosts :
[me at P4 conf]$ cat /etc/hosts
192.168.0.1     P4.AAA  P4
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

What am I doing wrong ? Any idea RREALLY welcome ;-)

Thanks,

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand