FC1 upgrade from rh8, but running 2.6.7 kernels

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jul 10 10:54:29 UTC 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 03:03, Satish Balay wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Yeah, rpm can be fragile :(
>> Here is what I've done just now:
>>
>> removed, and re-installed that version of yum, no change
>>
>> The python stuff seems to be mostly ok from this:
>> [root at coyote dlds-rpms]# rpm -qa|grep python
>> python-devel-2.2.3-7
>> python-tools-2.2.3-7
>> rpm404-python-4.0.4-8x.27
>> gnome-python2-applet-2.0.0-2
>> libxml2-python-2.6.6-3
>> mod_python-3.0.4-0.1
>> gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.0-2
>> python-docs-2.2.3-7
>> postgresql-python-7.3.4-11
>> gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.0-2
>> gnome-python2-bonobo-2.0.0-2
>> python-xmlrpc-1.5.1-7.x.3
>> python-popt-0.8.8-7.x.2
>> rpm-python-4.2.1-0.30
>> gnome-python2-2.0.0-2
>> MySQL-python-0.9.1-9
>> python-2.2.3-7
>> python-optik-1.4.1-1
>> python-clap-1.0.0-3
>
>The following packages shouldn't exist for FC1
>rpm404-python-4.0.4-8x.27
>python-xmlrpc-1.5.1-7.x.3

They "rpm -e"ed tehm just fine, but that made no difference.

>You could try deleting them - and see if yum starts working. Or
>perhaps install/use 'apt upgrade' and see if it can fix up things
>(including yum)

Humm, I seem to have apt-get, but not apt. Odd, but then everytime I
let synaptic anywhere this system, it breaks things.

I have these two archives:

/usr/dlds/apt-0.5.5cnc5-fr0.rh73.2.i386.rpm
/usr/dlds/apt-devel-0.5.5cnc5-fr0.rh73.2.i386.rpm

are they recent enough?  Prolly not, looks like rh7.3 stuff from here.

I'll see if I can find a newer apt after some shuteye time.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.