internetradio under fc1

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Sat Jul 10 21:50:08 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:36:27 -0400, Lisa (TheAverageJane)
<melgil88 at optonline.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 09:13, Kiss Gábor wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> is it possible to listen to the radio on the internet? And which
>> application? The XMMS hasn't got a channel list.
>>
>> Thanx Gabor
>>
> I use streamtuner and streamripper-I love it!
> http://www.nongnu.org/streamtuner/about/

I actually use XMMS for it, just add url. You have to go looking for the
radio
channels though - they're not too hard to find on google. There's not many
ogg
streams yet, Icecast, Virgin Radio, and some English Universities run ogg
radio
streams.

Cheers,
Daniel.