/proc/acpi/sleep

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 03:49:03 UTC 2004

--- Satish Balay <balay at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Globe Trotter wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to find out how /proc/acpi/sleep works and what needs to be fed
> in.
> > For instance, Satish wrote in a previous e-mail that
> >
> > $ echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
> >
> > should make my notebook go to sleep. Well, it does, but it does not wake
> up:
> > indeed, it has to be resuscitated, and even repaired using the rescue disk
> at
> > reboot.
> >
> > I am wondering if there are other options available and what which does.
> Can
> > someone please point me in the correct direction?
> >
> > Thanks and best wishes!
>
> Well - if APM works - use it instead of ACPI. Thats what I do for a
> Thinkpad T40.
>
> Satish

Actually, it seems that FC2's kernel is not compiled with apm support.

apmsleep +10:00
apmsleep: Your kernel does not support APM.
apmsleep: Recompile kernel with APM and /dev/rtc support

Also, I think this is a good opportunity to know of acpi. So if someone can
point me to it, that would be really very helpful!

Best wishes!!