Problems --FC2, 2.6.6 kernels

Elwe Singollo esingollo at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:05:40 UTC 2004

"On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 12:38, Elwe Singollo wrote:
>So, I am using an ideq 200N nForce2 chipset, with Realtek ALC650 sound.
>
>I am having the same problem with the 2.6.6.x kernels, and I am getting
>them from a couple of yum repositories. This includes the latest 435.2.1
>and 435.2.3 kernels.

<snip>

I'll second this motion, but mine is with the build in nic on a nForce2
chipset. The NIC works fine under the 2.6.5-1.358 kernel. But after
installing the 2.6.6 (any one of them), the nic doesn't work.
modprobe.conf
alias eth1 forcedeth

this is the only thing that shows up for eth1 (the onboard nic)
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth1
eth1: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 01509:904d bound to 0000:00:04.0

everything else seems to work ok, except vsftpd still doesn't work.
(which is another thread)

--
Doug Maurer
doug dmaurer net

"

Interesting.  I have am using this built-in card, and am not having
problems.  I suppose you are using another card in the pci slot (and that is
assigned eth0).  I wonder if you pulled that card out, remove references to
eth0 and eth1 in modprobe.conf and hwconf, and let kudzu refind the card.
This really should not make a difference, but I am wondering if some of your
scripts in /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts are causing problems.  You
dmesg output looks pretty sane . . .