How to convert Ogg Vorbis files to mp3?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Jul 11 18:57:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 02:48, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> How can I convert a .ogg file to a .mp3 file, so I can send it to a
> friend to play on windows?
> --
> Colin Paul Adams
> Preston Lancashire

You have several answers, most pointing out the loss in quality you will
see. Both ogg and mp3 are less than the original quality of wav, and to
go from one to the other has even more loss.

When I rip one of my CDs and want ogg, grip does that automatically by
ripping to wav then converting to ogg.  I can go to mp3 by using lame or
notlame as the encoder and grip will take it to wav then to mp3.

I personally never convert between ogg and mp3 (either direction).