make mod install - unresolved symbols - issue still present.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jul 11 20:37:16 UTC 2004

Am So, den 11.07.2004 schrieb Kevin F. Berrien um 18:50:

> Ok, I tried the variations on the compilation procedures, and I'm
still
> getting the same error.  I also erroneously reported the error in make
> modules, when its actually (having seen it again) in make modules
install.

> The error again: when running make modules install
>
> unresolved symbols in binfmt_elf.0

I guess you are missing something in the kernel config. Do you have ELF
support enabled?

If unsure about what a proper kernel configuration would be use the
config that comes with the Fedora kernel and run make oldconfig.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 22:36:52 up 4 days, 4:45, load average: 0.89, 0.78, 0.67