gnome-sound-recorder

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Sun Jul 11 22:26:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 01:12, Jack Bowling wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 11:46:51PM -0700, Timothy Payne wrote:
> > In a box:
> >
> > The Application "gnome-sound-recorder" has quit unexpectedly.
> >
> > You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.  Or
> > you can restart the application right now.
> >
> > I would tell someone, but who and what?
> >
> > This happens every time when I hit the record button.  I went to
> > uninstall it but it's not on the list of programs.  I'm running FC2 and
> > yum tells me it's up to date.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Sure, I have an idea. Forget about gnome-sound-recorder which is hopeless.
> Go to Planet CCRMA at the following URL:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
>
> Look in the "The Planet CCRMA package collection" section and between
> Freebirth and Sweep you will see Audacity. Click on the Audacity link and
> it will take you to the Audacity download section where you can click on
> the right v1.2.1 rpm for your distro. Audacity is a fine program well worth your
> time to explore.
>

> --
> Jack Bowling
> mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca

So, you don't like sound recorder?  When you said hopeless it reminded
me of a line from the movie Animal House "Fat, drunk and stupid is no
way to go through life son"

I did have a couple of questions, they had a warning about Windows.  But
it seemed it was for XP on the same drive, I have 98 on a second drive
so I didn't think it would apply.

It says it's for FC1, I'm using FC2 so would the update iso apply?

Yes, I'm lazy could I have yum install this?

Thanks, Tim...