any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 13:58:56 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   given that the schedule lists availability of FC3 t1 as of july 12,
> any news about whether that's realistic?  i suspect not, since of all
> the mirror sites i've checked, only one even has a directory
> (inaccessible, of course) for test/2.90.  i tried posting to the
> fedora-test list, and never saw a reply.
>
>   news?
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  i'm hoping that the schedule doesn't start suffering from airline
> scheduling syndrome.  you know, when you're milling around the gate,
> your flight was supposed to leave at 9 am, it's already 9:25 am, your
> plane hasn't even landed yet, and a gate agent comes over the public
> address system, telling you that your flight is going to be delayed.
> well, yeah, we kind of figured that out already, thanks.
>
> which suggests that it would be a wee bit silly to keep advertising a
> release date of july 12 if it ain't gonna happen, particularly if that's
> been known for a while now.

Perhaps the person assigned to update the schedule is late to work this
morning, jammed up in a monstrous wad of traffic that was reported on
his car radio by someone with a police scanner and helicopter sound
effects, well after he became hopelessly buried.

--
Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.

  08:54:00  up 4 days, 20:55,  8 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.10, 0.07
      One billion seconds ago it was 06:07:20 CST Fri 11/03/72

Repeat after me: "The primary purpose of any government
entity is to employ the unemployable."