fc2 yum install mplayer with livna has dependency problem

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 14:34:34 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw wrote:

> Barry Yu wrote:
>
>> Just whan people whatch for this ;
>> In my case, in fc2 using yum install mplayer with livna repository
>> will result dependency issue and can't get the package installed.
>> Switch to freshrpms repository had enabled me installing  the mplayer
>> sucessful - but unfortunately no mplayerplug-in in this place so I
>> had to download the rpm package from some other place.
>

> Make sure you have the fedora.us repo included in your yum.conf! The
> livna repo shouldn't be used by itself. There is a big red box on the
> livna page that states:
>
> "Important
>
> RPM.Livna.org is not a standalone repository.
> You must use rpm.livna.org with
> the Fedora.us repository"
>
> Further down the page, there is:
>
> "Do not ask for help about missing libaa/libFLAC/liblzo/libdv/...
> dependencies. Configure your apt/yum/up2date to use the corresponding
> stable/testing/unstable repositories from fedora.us which you use from
> rpm.livna.org and it'll work."
>
> I'm not intending to flame -- but just be sure you have the required
> fedora.us repo also in your yum.conf.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Clint

Below is what I got when trying to install:

root at fc2-station-1 root]# yum install mplayer
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package mplayer needs libpostproc = 0:0.92.1-0.lvn.2.2, this is not
available.
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at fc2-station-1 root]#
------------------------------------

Below is the exact /etc/yum.conf I used :

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

#[updates-testing]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/

#[development]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

######################
#[macromedia.mplug.org]

#name=macromedia.mplug.org - Flash Plugin

#baseurl=http://macromedia.mplug.org/apt/fedora/$releasever

#  http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/apt/fedora/$releasever

#  http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/macromedia/apt/fedora/$releasever

#  http://macromedia.rediris.es/apt/fedora/$releasever

#gpgcheck=1

#####################
# Dag Wieers        #
#####################

#[dag]

#name=Dag APT Repository

#baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/fc$releasever/en/$basearch/dag

#gpgcheck=1

# livna            #
[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl= http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable
#gpgcheck=1