fc2 yum install mplayer with livna has dependency problem

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Mon Jul 12 14:45:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:34, Barry Yu wrote:
> Clint Harshaw wrote:
>
> > Barry Yu wrote:
> >
> >> Just whan people whatch for this ;
> >> In my case, in fc2 using yum install mplayer with livna repository
> >> will result dependency issue and can't get the package installed.
> >> Switch to freshrpms repository had enabled me installing  the mplayer
> >> sucessful - but unfortunately no mplayerplug-in in this place so I
> >> had to download the rpm package from some other place.
> >

> > Make sure you have the fedora.us repo included in your yum.conf! The
> > livna repo shouldn't be used by itself. There is a big red box on the
> > livna page that states:
> >
> > "Important
> >
> > RPM.Livna.org is not a standalone repository.
> > You must use rpm.livna.org with
> > the Fedora.us repository"
> >
> > Further down the page, there is:
> >
> > "Do not ask for help about missing libaa/libFLAC/liblzo/libdv/...
> > dependencies. Configure your apt/yum/up2date to use the corresponding
> > stable/testing/unstable repositories from fedora.us which you use from
> > rpm.livna.org and it'll work."
> >
> > I'm not intending to flame -- but just be sure you have the required
> > fedora.us repo also in your yum.conf.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Clint
> >

> Below is what I got when trying to install:
>
> root at fc2-station-1 root]# yum install mplayer
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
> Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package mplayer needs libpostproc = 0:0.92.1-0.lvn.2.2, this is not
> available.
> You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
> [root at fc2-station-1 root]#
> ------------------------------------
>
> Below is the exact /etc/yum.conf I used :
>
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
> distroverpkg=redhat-release
> tolerant=1
> exactarch=1
> retries=20
>
> [base]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
>
> [updates-released]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
>
> #[updates-testing]
> #name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/
>
> #[development]
> #name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
> [...]
Barry,

livna is not a standalone repository....  You need to define Fedora
Extras also.

Please review the following article and I suggest that you could simply
download that yum.conf from them.....

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

Go to the top of the file for a pointer to where to get a yum.conf if
you are running FC1 - the above points to FC2....

--Rob