fc2 yum install mplayer with livna has dependency problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jul 12 14:50:08 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 12.07.2004 schrieb Barry Yu um 16:34:

Barry,

unable to read and understand the instructions? Maybe better for your
eyes to see the contrast between site background, font color and box
background on

http://rpm.livna.org/

right on top of the page.

> > Make sure you have the fedora.us repo included in your yum.conf! The
> > livna repo shouldn't be used by itself. There is a big red box on the
> > livna page that states:
> >
> > "Important
> >
> > RPM.Livna.org is not a standalone repository.
> > You must use rpm.livna.org with
> > the Fedora.us repository"

What do you not understand from above comment?

> > Further down the page, there is:
> >
> > "Do not ask for help about missing libaa/libFLAC/liblzo/libdv/...
> > dependencies. Configure your apt/yum/up2date to use the corresponding
> > stable/testing/unstable repositories from fedora.us which you use from
> > rpm.livna.org and it'll work."
> >
> > I'm not intending to flame -- but just be sure you have the required
> > fedora.us repo also in your yum.conf.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Clint

> Below is the exact /etc/yum.conf I used :

1) Missing fedora.us repository entry
2) Please! change the Fedora Core entries to mirror entries.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 16:46:51 up 4 days, 22:55, load average: 0.68, 0.49, 0.39