automatic update

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 21:04:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:21:34AM -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 04:48, SOSSON Frederic wrote:
> >
> > Is there any automatic update via command line?
>
> In your crontab, put an entry with the command "yum -y update" and have
> your yum.conf file properly set and it works flawlessly to do it
> automatically at times you specify.
>
> The same as would be done at the command line manually.

For FC2 this is redundant.  See the standard cron job for yum
controlled by chkconfig's  flags.

   $ chkconfig --list | grep yum
   yum             0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

To turn it on:

   $ chkconfig yum on
   $ service yum restart

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where most of what I type originates.