nVidia vs FC2 Revisited

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 12 22:11:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:30:20AM -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 09:09:23AM -0400, Greg Swallow wrote:
> > Am looking at all these rpm files. Do I -Uhv them all? Is there an order
> > in which they should be installed? Am having to assume do a NVIDIA...run
> > are listed on the URL your last sent.
> >
> > Figuring on trying this Wed AM.
> >
> The idea I got from Axel's last message was that you put this directory
> in you yum.conf file and let yum update straighten out the order of
> rpm installs.

Yes, that's what I meant, but in case you want to hand pick, you need:

o kernel-module-nvidia-graphics<driver>-`uname -r`
o nvidia-graphics<driver>-libs
o nvidia-graphics<driver>

where driver is 6106 or anything else older or newer.

You must uninstall any old nvidia bits installed manually, just as you
would do for any unpackaged vs packaged software.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net