New vendor ID for updfstab.conf: Where to report it?

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Tue Jul 13 02:39:36 UTC 2004

I got my first USB pen drive, a 256Mb SanDisk Cruzer Mini.
After googlin' a bit, I finally ran
into a rather old post where it said
that the flash drive should be automagically detected / mounted, and if it
wasn't the case, then the trick was to add the "VENDOR ID" (as reported by
dmesg) in /etc/updfstab.conf into the "flash" section, and run updfstab
afterwards. Oh! Tricky ;) But it worked :)

Now, the question is:
Should I report the 'new' vendor id? Where? To whom? My
updfstab.conf.default had only 10 entries (now it has 11). I suspect there
must be *many* more vendors out there...