kernel update/wireless install

Me jdangler at atlantic.net
Tue Jul 13 03:30:31 UTC 2004

I am trying to install the ipw2100 wireless on my Insprion 8600 notebook.

I originally installed FC2  2.6.5-1.358, and have since then upgraded to
2.6.6.1-435.2.3 using up2date.   When I run the make file (builds external)
I get an error saying that ieee802_11.h is not found.  The file exists under
the /usr/src directory for the original kernel.  My guess is that I need to
download the source for the kernel I updated to.  I have found the packages
for both kernel-source and the modules, but they are listed as i586 and i686
(there are 64-bit as well, but I don't have that system type).  Can anyone
tell me which of these I should get?  I am somewhat new at this, so any
input is appreciated.

Regards,

John