Still can't make yum.conf to install mplayer from livna

Gerald Thompson geraldt at telus.net
Tue Jul 13 05:49:20 UTC 2004

Andrew Konosky wrote:

> Okay, the reason it won't work is because it can't find the rpm for
> libpostproc,
>
> Next, for the first server, Fedora Core 2 Base, enable the primary
> server. You have all the mirrors, but the main server is commented out.

Andrew has exactly the reason you are having an issue;

libpostproc is part of the base packages and you don't currently have it
installed.

after you uncomment your base packages server group you should be able
to find the rpm you require when doing the install of mplayer.

I highly recommend that you do what Andrew suggested about the test or
unstable servers, either remove all entries to them or comment them out
with # (hash) marks at the beginning of each line.

Sincerely,
Gerald Thompson